Re: roger's suspenders

In a message dated 04/16/2002 6:56:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> That's part of the reason they're called the Horrible Who, right?!  You wanna
> talk disturbing......how about those suspenders Daltrey was wearing in the
> 70's?!  Now *that's* disturbing!

Yes, I agree.  I get embarrassed almost to show the WGFA video from TKAA to
my students because of it.  I suppose that because I'm a child of the 80s I
am more critical of the Who's 80s dressing since I hate 80s music and
fashion, for the most part.  Also- rog had to be wearing the sweater around
his neck for YBYB, because i have never seen the other video you mentioned.
Anyway, i don't really care, just statin an opinion.  I thought the Who
looked cool in JT video, even roger's patched pants.  The mod suits from the
60s were cool as hell, IMO, because they seemed to fit the era and the band,
somehow.  Pete swiveling his hips as he windmilled in those outfits seemed
cool to me.  Dudes in studded fancy suits demolishing a stage set- now that's
FUCKING COOL.

mc