Re: 80s Who video of YBYB

In a message dated 04/15/2002 5:54:50 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> You think some producer dressed 'em that way?!  And did their hair?!  C'mon!
> That's absurd!  And besides, compared to the mid-seventies Who, the early-
> eighties Who atleast looked presentable.  Maybe Daltrey needed that sweater
> 'cause it was cold.
>
> - - SCHRADE in Akron

But it's rock n roll!  Who says anyone needs to look presentable?  Pete and
Rog looked ragged as hell in that Join Together video from Wbetter, Wbest,
but still were cool as hell. Roger a yuppy?  I don't think so.  How many
sheet metal workers who grow up to become mega rock stars with long hair,
bare chests on stage, and sing profane lyrics end up wearing a sweater tied
around their neck while playing a song live?  You certainly know more than I
about how the Who's videos were produced, but I'm just hesitant to believe
that pete and rog came up with those ridiculous looks.  I believe you, but
their images are nevertheless disturbing.  What about how they looked for
that footage from the studio recording of WAY (i saw it on Wbetter, Wbest)?
Wasn't that 1978?  they looked fine to me- certainly presentable.  They
looked like hall and oates in the YBYB video, for god's sake!  Just IMHO.

mc