Covering the Who

"Any fuckin' garage band in the world can reproduce the Who sound if they
practice!!! Fuck, The fuckin' Who's Next band (a Who cover band from NYC)
can do any Who song they've ever done, with 4 pieces, live on stage. And
the real WHO can't??? I don't buy it!!!"

magik:I hear ya on that one.  I was wondering that myself.  About a week
and a half ago I saw a tribute band called Happy Jack play, and they were
phenomenal, but among the songs they played were ICSFM, the entire Tommy
overture into It's a Boy, Summertime Blues, and Squeeze Box (I think the
rest were commonly played hits, can't remember really).  And I remember
thinking to myself, if this band can play these songs, why can't the
Who?  I don't understand really.  I will be happy to hear whatever they
play, but I do understand what you are saying.  BTW, I think the drummer
from that band is possessed with the ghost of Keith Moon.  He
was awesome. Anyone who lives around the Chicago area should check them
out. Nicole