Re: must agree on maher (no Who)

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 11:44:30 -0400, "Scott Schrade"
<schrade@akrobiz.com> wrote:

>> I never thought much of Maher, but after what he said about the 9/11
>> hijackers I totally loathe him. I lost friends that day, and I was
>> nearly killed as well, and this putz sits there and says that since
>> the assholes drove the planes into buildings, they're brave?! They
>> attacked unarmed, unprepared, unaware civilians, and none of those
>> sissified terrorists would have had the balls to take on military guys.
>

>First of all, I don't watch Politically Incorrect because, quite frankly, the
>show sucks.  Now, I'm sorry for your losses but you *must* know that
>Maher wasn't *praising* or *condoning* what the hijackers did; he was
>just saying that, fucked-up though it may be, it takes guts to pilot a plane
>into a building.  I think his point was that these terrorists were really ded-
>icated to their cause.  And of course, his statement was taken way out of
>context & made to look like he was *commending* the hijackers.
>
>- SCHRADE in Akron

I never said that he was praising them, just that he's a major
asshole. It does NOT take guts to do what those hijackers did --
picking nearly empty flights, pulling weapons on the crew and
passengers, and then driving into buildings. Real guts would have been
taking on the United States military or other armed forces.

The people on Flight 93, who had only a matter of minutes to decide
what to do and then made sure that the terrorists didn't crash into
another building, are the ones with guts. So are the FDNY, NYPD, EMS,
Court Officers, etc., who ran directly *into* the carnage to help, and
never made it out. In fact, so are those of us who made it the hell
out of the area and somehow managed to help strangers (even in small
ways) even as we were traumatized, covered with glass and coping with
smoke inhalation and other minor injuries.

Leslie just outside Ground Zero

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org