RE:Woodstock SG, Who can do, Bass solo, Keith not washed up

>From: AnEnglishBoy <campbell@fix.net>
>Subject: Pete's Woodstock SG
>
>Anyone know who caught this guitar, has this guitar,
>or where it is now, or can give a history of this guitar
>in the 33 years since that event?

I raised this question a couple years back.
The thinking then was that several roadies rushed out into the crowd and
grabbed the ax back.
They would have had to kill me first.

>From: Anna Mormack <carrieanne79@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: JAE who songs on tour
>
>I know this will never happen, but it would be
>wonderful if the JAE song could be "When I Was a Boy,"

Drool, drool, and more drool (in other words I'm drooling at the thought..)

>From: magik <magik1@optonline.net>
>Subject: Re: songs the Who can do

Magik, Magik, Magik...getting yourself all fired up this past weekend I see.
Gettin' in tune for the up coming tour.  Obviously in desperate need of a
"Who-juice" infusion and quick!  Procrastinating on your taxes and
all........
Funny you should chime in on this topic though, cause I was listening to
1976 MSG show this weekend and was struck at how nicely Slip Kid sounded
with only Pete's guitar.  Yes, there was room for more sound, but it jammed
and jammed nicely without the aid of Simon or anyone else.
I'm firmly in the camp of keep Simon at home.  Love him, but in this case,
leave him.
Also was listening to both the RAH shows this weekend.  Ohhhhhhhhh my did
YMB absolutely fucking rock.  Can't wait for this summer.  See ya in
Boston.....oh yeah, *and* at Camden!!!!!!!!!!!!
You, though, need to stop nit picking about the set list.  If you don't like
it, stay home.
;-)

>IMHO, shut the fuck up, asswipe.

Oh yeah, and did I ever tell you you're my hero?
(my apologies if the tune of this song is now lodged in your head)

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: Do We Need Another Bass Solo?
>
>It's a big roll of the dice when it comes to Pete, isn't it?  You never
know what
>you're gonna get.

Here's hoping Pete get's another cold, like he had at Camden.  :-)
Snot rags everywhere!!!!!!

Ok, Pete, I obviously don't want you getting sick.
But, you were fucking surly as all get-out *that* night!!!
I mean, I thought you were going to kill someone.  There was fear in the
air, and it was about you.  First you looked like a stalking predator up
there pacing back and forth, and then when you tried to hit that asshole in
the front row who kept yelling "I'm A Boy" with your mike stand....man, you
were fired up!
You swung that mike stand so hard you almost fell, and I actually felt like
I had to duck.
Thought we were going to have a big fight right there in the 'Pit'.
Would have been unfair though.  20,000 fans, you and Roger against some guy
with a sexual identity crisis......not an even fight.

Lastly....in defense of Keith Moon:
Since, to my disappointment, no one ventured to come to Keith's defense over
the weekend, let me be the one to state that Keith was *not* all washed up
by 31.  I firmly believe that Keith was on the track to recovery and like
many musicians could have righted himself and his drum playing to satisfy
The Who and the playing of rock songs just nicely.  Look at Pete.  He was
going down but fast, and now he's 'Da Monsta'.  Keith, however, was out of
his territory with the new 'jazz-ish' avenue Pete was taking the boys.

"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of
human cloning to come out of that chamber."-Washington, D.C., April 10, 2002
George "boy genius" Bush
Kevin in VT