Re: IAM meaning

> The first verse mentions "...a man on parade not tending his wife..."
> (not quite sure those are the lyrics).  Any comments on whether Pete
> feels guilty leaving Karen home while he tours with the Who, and is
> this the first, second, or third wave of guilt that he felt?

"....parading & fading, ignoring his wife."  I always envisioned Pete on
vacation *with* his wife.  They're on a nice beach somewhere however
they're fighting & not talking to each other.  Some kind of horrid family
vacation.

That's just my take on it.  But you could be right.  Maybe he's far away
from her & he's "ignoring" the fact that he even *has* a wife.

- SCHRADE in Akron