Ticketmaster to compete with brokers...

Hello,

In Friday's Wall Street Journal, there is a good article about
how Ticketmaster is launching a website designed for the
secondary market.  It will compete with brokers, scalpers,
and eBay.    Interesting!   Some of our previous questions
have been answered about the relationship between TM and
brokers.  It was a love/hate afterall.   Now they don't need the
broker, because it can use anybody to be a broker, and it will
charge a toll for every transaction.  This is a paradigm-shifting
maneuver by TM, and is exactly what Dell did when it bypassed
resellers in the early 1990s, and Compaq was left in the dust;
forced to break ties with most of it's resellers.
Their stock value (TMCS) was up $0.67 to $27.51 today.  If their
Marketplace website is any good, you make see further
jumps in their stock price.     We all knew this was coming too!
Shudda,  Wudda,  Cudda!

Joe "Are there any buyers for my Camden tickets" in Philly