Re: I got in Pete's LIFEHOUSE DVD yesterday (was Big Country etc.)

L. Bird wrote:

>  Duh.  I guess you're right that it's Sadler's Wells.  The audience seems
> very subdued, polite applause and all that.  Pete promises in the first half
> that they'll rock out after the intermission.  Did he feel it was a Who
> audience that wasn't responding well to the early material?

Keets,

IMO, and that of Pete and the audience, again, IMO, it was
a serious moment, performance & realisation of "Lifehouse"
that deserved respect and polite listening.

I myself am glad there was an absence of beer drenched,
cannabis fueled cries of "FUCKIN' *A*" and "TEENAGE
WASTELAND BRO'" that are so common place, yet, to
some degree expected and desired at a performance of
TheWho->.

As far as the "early material" is concerned, it was the less
familiar and least performed material, making it all the more
important and vital for me to see/feel/touch and be healed
by. Honestly, I became somewhat bored with the "Who->'s
Next" hits toward the end, however necessary and important
to the "story" they are.

AnEnglishBoy~