Re: Simon gives hints at possible set list inclusions for 2002

> "Hi - not started rehearsals yet. Songs I've been asked to go over include

First off - I pray Simon's "contribution" is limited to a small handful of songs.

> Join Together,

Uh-oh.  Not one of my favorites.  I can see 'em dragging this one out to about
10 minutes.  You know, I think my favorite version of this song is the PT demo
version 'cause it gets kinda creepy towards the end.  The casual fans will be able
to sing along.

> I Can See For Miles,

I guess this one's OK.  Populat Who song.  Again, should make the casual fans
happy.  I could think of about 5 dozen other songs I'd rather hear, however.

> Sea And Sand,

Better choice.  It'll be nice to hear Daltrey belt this one out again.  The power.
The Anger.  The gorgeous lyrics.  Plus the "I'm the Face" outro.  A two-for-one
kinda deal!

> Slip Kid

Wonderful!  I may start pogoing to this one!  Again, Daltrey should shine here.
I can see needing a second guitarist.  This song's rather complex & the few times
I've heard The Who try it (on boots, of course) it's sounded hollow & lurching.
Keith had problems playing this one live.  It would drag.  Zak should be able to
breathe new like into this song.

> and Eminence Front.

OK choice.  Better this song than "You Better, You Bet."  Another one that the
casual fan should recognize.  I guess Simon T. will play the rhythm / riff part that
Daltrey did on the '82 tour.  I bet Daltrey leaves the stage for this one.  Can't see
him strumming an acoustic, or doing the "vocal-shadowing-while-hiding-back-by-
Zak's-drumset" part either.

> None are definites and I'm sure there will be additions nearer the time. Cheers."

I guess that's a good start.  My mind's starting to accept the fact that Simon T. is
even going to be on stage in the first place.  God forbid we hear anything similar on
the Cleveland Watkis website!  Don't even tell me.

- SCHRADE in Akron