Re: rock opera

> > a musical is a story where there is singing but there is also dialogue and
> > an opera is a story which has NO dialogue and has just singing.   not
> > sure if you people were aware of that.
>
> Do I sense a note of sarcasm??  Who exactly are "you people?"  :)

Yeah, remember what happened to Ross Perot when he kept saying "you
people!"

Actually, the guy's correct on the strict definition of "opera" - but we're talk-
ing about "*rock* operas."  I believe the rules are a little lax when it comes
to those.  Pete was the first to say, even back in 1969, that TOMMY wasn't
a true opera.

Someone's going to have to write a rulebook for the "rock opera."

- SCHRADE in Akron