Re: Who's In The News

keets  "I'm not sure why Pete says he feels awkward, but if he does, he
does. But saying that rock and roll is uninportant in this context is to say
that it has a frivolous message.  I don't think that's necessisarily so,
especially for The Who music.  Pete's done a better job than he knows."

I'm not entirely sure why Pete says he feels awkward, I'm just guessing
here.  It seems to me that it is awkward to say anything relevant to this
inexplicable act.  It is an awkward situation, hence he feels awkward.  It
has got to be comparable to the feeling one gets when you go to a funeral
and are not quite sure what to say to the family.

I agree that he's done better than he knows, but he's also got that
worderful contradictory nature that sometimes makes him boast about the
greatness of his work.

Jeff