Oil/Religion

Mark Leaman wrote:

> Yes, it's too damned bad people consider the more
modern technology of
> solar, electric and eventual fusion as stupid "hippy
tree-hugging" ideas and
> dismiss them, mainly because they take control of
this country away from the
> oil companies.

One thing that saddens me is that research on
alternative sources of energy has achieved very
sucessful results, but suddenly they strangely
disappear.

> Any religion can be twisted. But it's never a good
thing when any religion
> teaches that their group is the elite, chosen
few...because it tends to make
> the others to be disposable. And while it hasn't
been noted to date, the
> Christian religion also allowed slavery in the US,
justifying it because "it
> taught savages about Jesus, they're better off."
> The Christian religion is no less guilty than Islam
or any other. To think
> otherwise makes this indeed a holy war.

That's exactly how I think. The arise of hostility
against muslims as a whole worries me.