Re: To apologize or not to apologize

Everybody's upset this week.

The government is responsible for security so it deserves some condemnation
for failure, but it's unhelpful for people to attack particular people or
politicians (especially Clinton) out of dislike, or particular locations for
failing to stop the plot.  This only obscures the problems we now have.

People have focused on "Boston" because that was the name that was plastered
all over the TV on Tuesday, but the terrorists didn't actually go through
security at Logan International.  Even with the published records of how lax
security was in Boston, they didn't take the chance.  They boarded and went
through the security check at a small airport in Maine and then connected
with the flights at Logan.  Because they had already gone through a security
check, it wasn't required again.

In this same way, Florida is taking a big hit, as it seems the terrorists
lived and trained in Florida for two years while the plot was in work.
Embry Riddle is an excellent aeronautical school, and even though very
small, trains one fourth of all US commercial pilots.  Until this week they
also had an excellent reputation, but it's pretty blackened now.  Looks like
the administration is very concerned with the bad press.  It could well
bankrupt the school.

keets