To apologize or not to apologize

I reviewed some of Greg's posts and my angry responses from last night and
early this morning looking for a reason to apologize and/or feel less angry.
  I found none.

I have no quibble with any of the facts he cited.  I have huge quibbles with
the facts he chose to include and the conclusions he chose to draw.  I
disagree with nearly every conclusion he drew, but focused on one that
strikes me straight in my throat.

The conclusion that Massachusetts politicians (and by proxy, the voters who
brought them to office) were somehow responsible for the bombs that were
lauched from Logan Airport is not cool.  It rippped out a pang of guilt that
I have been walking around with for the last few days and used it to point a
finger and say 'the facts and my large brain also say you are to blame for
this'.

Greg, I am sure that if we compared IQs, penis length, testicle weight,
bicep circumfrence, level of education, personal wealth, cars, lawnmower
size, home square footage, moral correctness, golf handicap, etc. you would
come out ahead of me in every way.  I tip my hat out of respect to your
superiority.  I still resent that you (and many other analysts and
partisans) are using this time of insecurity, sorrow and weakness to try and
further your political philosophy.  There is a time and a place for this
kind of bickering, and this is neither.

BTW, doesn't this all sound a bit like an argument between regligious
fanatics of different aims?  There is no real struggle for truth or
closeness to God.  What we have is a struggle for personal power over events
that we have no say in.

This morning, I'm struggling for some personal power of my own.

By another way, I agree with Joe that your essay is worthy of The Wall
Street Journal.  There is much shit in there, as well.

Jeff