Re: Know yourself...Don't pretend that you know me...

Brian wrote:

At 02:01 PM 9/14/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> >Grow up and learn what your values are. Don't take
> >someone else's values as the gospel truth. Don't rest your beliefs on
> >unexamined values. Know yourself and know what you are for and what your
> >against before the storm hits. Don't be fooled again.

This is a perfect glimpse into the process of building character.  It is
not an easy process.  I think that most of us have felt like losers at
more than one point in our lives and tried to fit in by doing/saying
popular things to be liked.  Once liked, we find it uncomfortable that
this was the only criteria necessary, and become disillusioned by
what it means to be popular.  If we look in the mirror long enough
we can see who we are and what is really important to us.

Stay true to yourself.   Thanks for the spark of wisdom Brian - and Pete!