the FBI and John Lennon

Keets writes:

<<
 >Sounds like Gregg is either a military historian or a military hobbiest,
and
 that this is the conventional take on military history.  Thanks for the
> run-down, Gregg.

I am a part-time military historian who gets paid to do research and
consulting along with my regular job.  The rest of my study is the hobby part
and a break from the record business. My pleasure for passing along what I
have learned over the years.

>   We are blessed in the US with a public forum for different viewpoints,
 and hopefully will find no return to the repressive goverment where the FBI
 tracked Bob Dylan and John Lennon for their "subversive" views. >>

We are indeed Keets - and that discourse is what these terrorsists have made
such an error about.  They think that because we argue about the government,
or this sports team, or that record album, that we are soft, fat and not
willing to stand up.  They know nothing of our history then - but they are
about to find out a lesson they'll never forget!

And I agree that I hope this doesn't mean ANY loss of Constitutional civil
liberties.  As a Libertarian the Constitution is very sacred to us as the
supreme law of the land, and the right to dissent the government is spelled
out quite explicitly in it.  Lennon and Dylan should have never been
investigated by the FBI at all.  That's not their job description at all.
Finding terrorists and enemies of this nation or large criminals is what they
need to focus on.  I think they're doing a tremendous job right now in fact!

If this causes a loss of ANY of our sacred luberties, then the terrorists
have won!

Greg Biggs/CVC