RE; Quad and WHO R U

On Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:19:40 EDT
Sroundtable@aol.com wrote about: quad and who are you

> I realize that to discuss music seems trivial amidst all this, but I feel
 compelled to express this.  <
Music is one of the only things helping me THROUGH this!

>Many of you may be jealous of me in that as a new Who maniac there is still
much of their music I am still discovering and  hearing for the first time.<
Nah, I got over that!  Just so you don't see any WHO shows in the near
future!  Then, I would be most envious.

> Needless to say i continue to be blown away and engulfed by their musical
drama and multifaceted songs. <
Thank GOD for Pete Townshend.

> I spent $130 today:  50 to buy Who r u and quad, <
Wonderful investment

>and gave $80 to the red cross for the relief effort (they have stopped
taking blood- they were overwhelmed). <
God Bless You, an INCREDIBLE investment.

> I am moved  so far by what i've heard of quad.  <
There aren't a lot of words to express what exists in that odd and sometimes
confusing story of a British boy's coming of age.  It is one of the most
beautifully textured musical pieces I have ever heard.

>as for who r u, as i was driving home from donating my $, i heard "trick of
the light" for the first time and it
 was amazing.<
Yeah, you think THAT'S good, you should see JAE play it live!!

>i was drained when i got home.  thought this experience would be
appreciated.<
Thank you for sharing it.  It was the only 'WHO' related post in my digest.

The pain and sadness that exists in each of us because of this weeks tragic
events are inescapable.  Life as we knew it is gone.  As I always have and I
always will, I hold onto the music of the WHO like a lifejacket;  I scream
out my anguish in which ever song helps me to cope at that moment, whether
it be Quad's I've Had Enough (a very relavent favorite this week) or the
inspring and hopeful All Shall Be Well from Iron Man.

Reading through all these incredible posts, all these ideas and beleifs that
the listers have laid bare to people they have never even met, gives me hope
that as a race we will all be able to state our ideas and hopes to each
other universally and have them be accepted.

I live a scant 40 miles from NY City and have yet to gather the courage to
look upon the altered skyline.  I know when I do, my heart will break.  For
the peace and happiness that was lost for all of us still here, and for the
loss of the lives for all those that aren't.  I am a pacifist who is torn
between feeling more violence will not help and is a sin agains mankind and
wanting to get a hold of the people who were responsible and rip off their
heads and piss down their necks.  I haven't felt this conflicted since I was
a teenager coping with entrance into adulthood and it's priviliges while
wanting to remain a child who was free from obligations.

As a WHO fan, I only hold in my heart the music that has set me free all of
my life.  I listen to Time Is Passing and weep not because I know it is, but
because I know not where that passage will take us.

I wish peace to the hearts of all of you

jacqueline