Re: Religion

> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 21:32:37 EDT
> From: JVNNSJSP@aol.com
> Subject: Re: Religion
>
> I do not like religion either, but I Love God. Religion is a tool that is
> utilized by Satan to divide and hurt and self justify "in the name of" God.

What about Science?  Do you hate science because it too is a tool that is
utilized by Satan to divide and hurt humanity?  I don't, and I suspect you
don't either.  The Evil One can use anything touched by humans as a tool
for us to harm one another.  So, we must keep on our gaurd to recognize
this, and avoid it, rather than to through away our tools and move back
to the caves.

While there is no question that religion has been used for to cause
injury, it's overall impact on the world has overwhelmingly been for
good.  But of course, the good stuff gets less press.

The involuntary use of any human life as if they were a meaningless pawn
that can be acceptably destroyed as part of some so-called bigger purpose
is really something we should not consider acceptable.  And in this,
science is just as culpable as religion, but you won't hear my decrying
science, just those who use science to turn humans against humans.

Ob. Who: It may be true that "We're all gonna get there," but I don't
think the "there" will necessarily be the same place.

        Bill

/* Bill Sherman  (wsherman@ncsa.uiuc.edu)                                */
/* National Center for Supercomputing Applications                       */
/* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                            */
/*     Og - "You want to do mankind a real service?  Tell funnier jokes" */
/*  Spinner - "but facts don't always reveal the truth"                  */
/*      Robin - "Yeah, but I always figure that's the writers' fault"    */