Re: America: The Good Neighbor

In article <20010914033105.96014.qmail@web20004.mail.yahoo.com>,
    Quad <quadimages@yahoo.com>  writes:

> Whats the point in carrying on,

If you insist on hurling insults instead of discussing or even
defending your own remarks, then I agree its pointless.

If, however, you wish to engage in some rational discussion, then I'm
happy to continue.

> obviously this is way
> off base from what has happened and obviously you have
> absolutley no clue what your talking about and or what
> the original post was referring to.

Instead of insulting me, why don't you enlighten me?  I have all the
original posts of this thread in my deleted mail folder and I
consulted them when I posted my last message.  I have these messages:

17632  14:22 EDT "O'Neal, Kevin W."  America: The Good Neighbor<< The following
17641  13:20 PDT Quad <quadimages@ya Re: America: The Good Neighbor<< Huh!!!? I
17643  16:16 EDT "O'Neal, Kevin W."  RE: America: The Good Neighbor<< :-) Yep,
17644  13:49 PDT Quad <quadimages@ya Re: America: The Good Neighbor<< Oh jeez,
17645  14:56 MDT "Justin Trout" <jtr RE: America: The Good Neighbor<< Take anot
17646  14:22 PDT Quad <quadimages@ya RE: America: The Good Neighbor<< WHAT!!!??
17647  21:58 -00 "L. Bird" <pkeets@h RE: America: The Good Neighbor<< The US fa
17660  23:18 BST "Ian Clarke" <gai67 Re: America: The Good Neighbor<< Justin It
17667  17:14 MDT > thewho@igtc.com   Re: America: The Good Neighbor<< In articl
17671  17:23 MDT > thewho@igtc.com   Re: America: The Good Neighbor<< In articl
17672  20:50 EDT "Scott Schrade" <sc Re: America: The Good Neighbor<< > Jesus C
17673  23:48 -00 "L. Bird" <pkeets@h Re: America: The Good Neighbor<< Who said

Am I missing some message where you made your point clearly?  Your
interpretation and/or misinterpration.  If I've misinterpreted your
position, then I'm happy to be corrected.  Instead of explaining your
position you've resorted to just insulting me instead.  In debating
circles this is called the "ad hominem attack" and is generally
considered a tactic used by someone who cannot defend their position,
so instead they deflect attention away from their position by
attacking the character of the other side in the debate.

> I am surprised you had even heard of the U.K.!

Again, with the insults.

> But then again after Bruce and I met you at the HOB in
> 99' I should have known better than to respond at all!

Am I supposed to be insulted by this too?

I remember talking to Bruce, I don't remember talking to you.  I don't
recall discussing any politics at HOB or history, only Who-related
subjects and the odd occasion where someone would mistake me for white
fagn because I happen to share the same first name.  I don't even know
your name and 'quadimages@yahoo.com' is not an email address with
which I recall having any discussion prior to this thread.  However,
when responding to the list, I remember the subjects of message threads
more than the particular authors, so its quite possible.
--
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!