RE: America: The Good Neighbor

1) Lend - Lease agreements (large number sof ships which risked the
blockade of U-boats don't count as aid?

2) How about all those CANADIANS who served on those ships, both merchant
and Navy, trained airmen in the Prairies, fought and died 1939 - 1942? Or
Indians? The list of Commonwealth countries that stood beside England is
complete - ask the widows in each.

3) The USA may not have send humans to help - but don't be mistaken - they
send materiel in a big way - usually on the fine line of neutrality rules.

The British people were helped by the USA, period. Money and matrwerial, as
well as the method to get it to the island all count as help.

Please don't say the British had no help from anyone again - you are
offending the memories of my Candain aunt Lil who was a nurse in London
during the Blita, and the memory of my uncle Victor who volunteered in both
wars and was in England from late 1939 until near the end of the war - he
died in 1970 of wounds to his lungs (gas) receibved in WWI by the way.

Steve in CANADA