Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #243

In a message dated 09/12/2001 8:01:12 AM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> > [...]  I think the problem is
> > that Jones live was so bland compared to keith (who wouldn't be) that it
> > soured some people and gave the critics ammunition.
>
> Ugh.  I'm kinda tired of hearing this.  I don't hear any blandness
> when I listen to Concerts for Kampuchea or the other '79 boots that I
> have.
>
> The Keith comparison is pointless because he was one-of-a-kind.

You agree with me.  I didn't mean that his drumming was bland- only that
compared to Keith live, his ACT was bland and that gave critics ammo to
attack the reformed Who in the early 80s.  I was simply offering a possible
explanation for those who claim that the Who lost credibility in the early
80s.  (did kenny perform w/them on the 89 tour?)