Re: Gimmicks/Marketing The Who

>Maybe where you are, not here and not nationally. Beatles at the Beeb was
>an "event;" networks had specials (including VH1) and "the word was out."
>When The Who (and Kinks) BBC packages were released, it was not promoted. I
>could say the same about Hendrix, Yardbirds, and Fleetwood Mac. Not
>promoted. None of them sold very well, either.

<sigh>  The Beatles are always an event.  Wonder how they manage that?  Do
you suppose everybody just loves Paul, or if they know they're going to make
oodles of money, or if The Beatles have some secret archive of every favor
they ever did, and every deal they ever made...

> > I'm referring to the industry figures for last year.
>
>I don't know where those figures are, but I do know that Hip-Hop has taken
>over the charts and the charts reflect sales.

I don't presume to explain it.  That was just the report of the annual
stats.  Maybe the charts show spikes in the sales, but the annual reports
show a broader picture?  You'd figure that lots of lower sales figures would
beat a few spikes.

keets