Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #236

Oshangrl@aol.com wrote:

>  Back in the 60's those songs I mentioned were considered "Hard Rock".   At
> least they were in the city where I grew up.  I didn't say that the Beatles
> were a Hard Rock band.  They were able to mix so called Hard Rock songs in
> with great soft rock songs.
> Deni

TheBeaTles were, and still are, the most versatile band
that R'n'R has ever known.

They did:

Standards (Till There Was You)
Ballads
R'n'R covers
Country covers
Groundbreaking, original, hard & soft, R'n'R
Avoid lapses into the Jazz genre
Opened the door for bands to write their own material
More in 7 years (1962-69) than ANY band 'fore or aft.

AnEnglishBoy~