Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #236

In a message dated 9/6/01 8:36:08 PM, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<< Now u have missed my point entirely.  The white album hard rock?  come on-
ur
saying that seriously?  yes- the beatles got all philosophical and deep and
did make waves with their lyrics (social commentary, drug imagery, etc) and
in that way were controversial.  but their SOUND was never really hard (a few
songs does not make a band hard).   >>

Back in the 60's those songs I mentioned were considered "Hard Rock".   At
least they were in the city where I grew up.  I didn't say that the Beatles
were a Hard Rock band.  They were able to mix so called Hard Rock songs in
with great soft rock songs.
Deni