From: owner-thewho@igtc.com [mailto:owner-thewho@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
Sroundtable@aol.com
Sent: 04 September 2001 18:49
To: TheWho@igtc.com
Subject: reply to this nonsense

I'm not sure I would say that The Who were the first "Hard Rock" band
either.
Ha...back when I Want to Hold Your Hand and I Saw Her Standing There came
out...people thought that those songs were pretty radical for the times!  If

you listen to those songs today..turn the volume up..it is classic rock!

You've got to be kidding!  The Beatles never recorded a HARD tune in their
era of domination.  I wanna hold your hand?  UGH!!!  That might be classic
rock (but really more pop than anything) but isn't hard rock at all and
wasn't edgy, even for the times.  So some people didn't like it the way they

didn't like Elvis, the way the older, more conservative members of society
don't like new music.  Saw her standing there is a great tune but not
revolutionary in the way the who was with tommy or who's next or even Can't
explain, and it certainly isn't approaching hard rock.  Sorry, but ur way
off
on this one

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/