Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #234

At 21:36 5-9-01 -0400, D wrote:
>In a message dated 9/5/01 6:32:15 PM, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:
>
><< Only because the beatles were so popular and the who had to tone down to
>their level in order to pay bills.  Musically, however, the Beatles did
>little to pave the way for the Who.  >>
>
>Ha..this comment is soooo ridiculous.  The Beatles had to tone down their
>appearance and sound in order to be accepted.  They were leather all the way
>and played the rawest, loudest music they could  before Brian Epstein
>transformed their image and introduced them to the general public.  Once they
>were accepted, then and only then were groups like The  Stones, The Who, etc.
>  able to break ground.

Something always evolves from something. Let's praise the guy who invented
the amplification, if he hadn't done that, there wouldn't be a WHO today...
Many people had significance in music, so did The Beatles and so does
Britney Spears (I guess... or hope!). :-) But saying that The Beatles paved
way for The Who... Not exactly...

Cheers,

Bjxrn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar