Re: further 'lighthearted' song ideas

At 13:45 3-9-01 -0600, Steve wrote:
>Ok, so here are some song subject ideas for Pete to write about. (again,
>think of the connection to the teen world). Remember that I am not to be
>taken seriously here.
>1.      The failure of the 1960's ideals and goals.
>2.      Bill Gates, Micheal Jordan, Wayne Gretzky.
>3.      Middle-age crashing down of dreams and hopes.
>4.      Middle-age unstatisfaction with (lots of) money. (Can't buy Love...)
>5.      Difficulty of getting a recording contract.
>6.      The death of more and more friends.
>7.      Middle-age issues like male pattern baldness, growing waistlines
>(ok, so
>Roger can't sing convincingly on these two), food intolerances,
>incontinance (or the fear of lose on stage), dentures, glasses, deafness
>(sorry), etc.
>8.      On being out of touch with the youth (the other side of the gen gap).
>9.      Which is better - the Rolls, the 'g'ag, the BMW, or the....
>10.     Rogaine, Geritol (they've done ads before),...
>11.     Senior's homes
>12.     The fear of redoing your driver's test
>13.     taxes (what was the name of that band that did a song like this in the
>sixties - pobably a one-hit wonder...)
>14.     Pretty girls of the past / of your dreams
>15.     A bus going over a cliff with an empty seat - which young artist could
>sit in it?
>16.     mobility aids
>
>Have a nice day. :)

Same all over... I think why I (a 21-year old) like The Who is *ALSO*
because the music speaks to me. What Pete wrote in the 60's isn't outdated.
"The Kids Are Alright" might be the finest example...

I hope to meet the new boss... And I hope it's the same as the old boss.

Cheers,

Bjxrn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"You're all fucking stupid!"