Re: Respect

> Such silliness is unworthy of you, Mark.

Dave:

No, I was being serious. Showing leadership by being at MSG and supporting
those whose lives were lost or changed forever would have done more for the
people of this country than going to China to diddle with their Prime
Minister. China was already with us, the trip changed nothing. It was a
photo op, nothing more. I just think the situation has changed from a time
when it's all about appearances and posturing, and now it's more about
substance. Granted that's Bush's weakest area; he's a figurehead on his best
day. But I'd think someone in his staff would be intelligent enough to
realize that standing behind the US citizens should be his first priority,
if he wants to be a LEADER. Or perhaps you can tell me exactly what Bush
accomplished while over there? Is China doing anything different than they
were? Has anything changed? No?

> more loudly, so those police and firefighters in the audience had a
> better understanding of the why the Clintons were there than you do.

I think not. Clinton anted up quite a bit of new federal funding for police
and firefighters (crime went down accordingly), Bush took it back. I have
friends as well as customers in both fields, and believe me...Bush is no
hero to them.
They got booed because after 9+ years of being called the worst things
possible and accused of every foul deed under the sun, a few people have
actually come to believe some of it is true. Pathetic losers, they are. The
only truth so far: Bill lied under oath about having extra-marital sex, just
as happens (but isn't pursued) in almost every divorce case every day of the
working week in America. It's probably happening somewhere as you read this.
Big effin' deal, at least to anyone of intelligence.
The rest is all conjecture and outright fabrication, with no proof
whatsoever.

> four songs and danced and sung non-stop for 30 minutes.  Pure and Easy is
> great song, but not for what the Who was brought there to do- FIRE
EVERYONE
> UP!

Kevin Mc:

I think P&E would have done that. "There once was a note...LISTEN!"

> MG was on my short list, too, but it's tough to argue with the results
> they got.  A new song?  come on- no one was there to hear new tunes from
> anyone.

I think one new song, if it had to do with the event, would have been OK. I
don't fault Paul for doing Freedom, but I do for playing his new single and
the other one. That falls under the heading of promoting your new album.

> This is the most ridiculous comment I have ever read.  Anyone who was
there
> or watched it knows that McCartney blew.

Ah, I hope you realize what a "born again" Who fan you are.

> person!!///But I had heard Mark Leamen decided not to show up and Kevin

Scott P:

Argh! Bad press from Jeff! I couldn't come, due to the economy. That's not
"deciding not to come." That's being forced not to come.

> Oh, dear!  Have you been smoking that stuff again, Mark? ;)

Keets:

Not when I was writing that. Sometimes I'm just inspired.

"God may have mercy on you, but we won't."
           Senator John McCain

               Cheers                 ML