Re: Mail on Sunday

> What "Ty" doesn't mention here is that Pete was actually on the front cover
> of this Sunday newspaper.  I was really pleasantly surprised by this.  I
> doubt that any member of The Who have been on the front page of a British
> Paper since Keith died.
>

> -MB
>

>> Here's a PT quote from a review I found. The rest of the article was fairly
>> standard.
>>
>> MAIL ON SUNDAY
>> THERE IS STILL A LIGHT THAT SHINES ON YOU
>> BY FIONA BARTON
>>
>> The Who guitarist Pete Townshend compared his contribution to the role his
>> saxophonist father played in the Second World War.
>> He said: 'I felt as if I had been called up. Not to fight, but like my
>> father - a brilliant saxophonist with the Squadronaires before me - to
>> entertain the "troops" in New York. 'It is my duty as a musician and
>> entertainer to do this in such a war. I owe too much to New York and to New
>> York-ers.'
>>
>>                             Ty

Sorry I got the article online. There was no picture. And Keets I realized
that the quote was from his site right after I clicked send. For punishment
I'm going to listen to every Who album this week.

                                        Ty

        "I know this is shit, but even though it's shit I am still the
best...the best Keith Moon-type drummer in the world!"
                                                    - Keith Moon, 1978