No Subject

Nothing and Everything

2.00 am. Back at my hotel after the Madison Square Garden show. So much
positive energy in one night, so little cynicism (though I tried, I really
tried). I haven't felt an energy like this since we played in New York in
the early days of the Fillmore East - or maybe in the first ten hours of
Woodstock. A special magical buzz. And I am straight, sober, clean, alert. I
can really feel the magic. And it's real.

It was hard to look into the eyes of some of the police, firefighters,
rescue workers and paramedics who have been working on the Twin Towers site.
Their eyes were shocked, often seeming on the verge of tears. But tonight we
were all positive together. Some of us were cool, some of us were uncool,
some of us were so tearful we worried we might be embarrassing. But we all
knew we were there for one purpose and one purpose only, to honour the
glorious few who ran in while the majority of us were running out.

It was an honour to play for New York City's heroes tonight.

-Pete Townshend

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm