NYC Concert Observations

Great show last night.  Some thoughts on what weapons that Who
used in their performance.   I like Mark was dissappointed at first
by their selection, but was convinced that these anthems are
the most identifiable to the widest audience, and probably had
a huge impact.  The impact that was necessary as Pete referred to.

It occurred to me that this is the best press this band has received
in the last 25 years.  Since the death of Keith, they have had an
undeserved black eye, and unfortunately did not get the exposure
they deserved at Live Aid.  This was a good appearance for them,
and will probably boost sales of the Who's Next reissue.

Operaman did a great job in mentioning:
"The Who Reunita - Pete and Rog no Fighta".
This was a funny bit.  Michael J. Fox also used The Who as a
source of energy when he referred to the difficulty of first following
The Who, and then having the honored guests he was introducing
not come on stage quickly.   Good exposure for my favorite band.

We can all stand tall, because our heros did us proud, and we are
secure in the knowledge that they could have done it a thousand
different ways each of which would have had an impact.   My kids
were also pleased to see My heros along with theirs.  I was a good
night.   Well worth the donation in my opinion.

The big surprises for me where Macy Gray and Mick Jagger.  She is a star
that is cut from the Billie Holiday cloth.  I enjoyed watching her move,
and listen to her sing.  Good stuff.    Mick can still hit the high notes,
and is remains this skinny kid that dances like a rooster, and makes things
happen on stage.   I had a feeling he was going to play 'Miss You".  I regard
this some to early rap or hip-hop.   A completely different performer than a
Pete - who is very articulate and well spoken - Mick continues to talk like
a street kid who's blocked up on something.   This is just the way he comes
off to me, from the distance which I observe him.

Joe in Philly.