Re: who set oct 20 9:40 2001

>Wow your going to hate me for saying this but i think the who played with a
>happiness and energy, a tight but loose interplay and a  sense of purpose
>that i saw only fragments of during the last tour.  Maybe thats unfair, but
>something felt different about the way they played tonight.  Very happy and
>yet agressive.

Laid back, I thought.  They've really been going too fast for Roger to
develop the volume and pitch.  He was clear as a bell on most of this
tonight, except for the trouble on BBE.  That's one's a tough one to sing
where they put it, because he needs breath control to sing it.  I'm sure
nobody in the audience there could tell it was a problem, of course--and
maybe not the TV audience either.  Did anybody but me notice at all?  :)

I don't hate you.  :)

>And oddly i didn't detest the new keyboard player's new added flourishes to
>the keyboard sections of WGFA and BO'R.

Jon's cool.  He played with them on two tours, and was the music director
for some of the early shows last tour.  He's got the sound down pretty well.

>If anyone is interested in a video copy \ cd  for trade or whatnot email me
>privately.

Did you get the preshow?  I hear there was an interview and some rehearsal
clips.  Looks like my tape of the main show is going well, but I missed the
pre-show.

>I thought david bowies little segement was really cool with his little
>keyboard  on the ground, sitting indian style

Loved the Paul Simon song.

:)
keets

P.S.  Ex-president Clinton introduced James Taylor, and Taylor has just
gotten a huge hand.  I didn't know he was so popular in NYC.