Re: NYC benefit

>Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 00:51:09 +0000
>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>
>Like I said, the riff-raff played first.  Liz Taylor made the mistake of
>trying to talk part way through and was booed--I suspect she was supposed to
>give the opening speech and turned up late.

Heh.  Reminds me of when David Spade and the Internet download chick (Cindy
Margolis?) came out to talk to the crowd, plug something or other (Pixelon?
Girl Scout cookies? who knew?) and "get them revved up" before the Las
Vegas '99 show.  Poor bastards nearly got booed off the stage.  A shame, I
like Spade, but he should have had the sense not to accept that gig.

Cheers,

Alan
"The commitment of our fathers is the calling of our times."
 -- George W Bush, 9/14/01