Re: NYC benefit

When does it start?  Eight?  Nine?  JAE has gotta be out and set up at
BBKing's before ten, right?  Another place The Who might play is at the end
of the first half.

The Heroes show was terrific, and I think these huge benefits have come a
long way as far as organization goes since the days of Live Aid.  For
anybody who hasn't seen the Freddie Mercury Tribute tape, I'd certainly
recommend it.  I was fascinated by the way they handled the whole thing.

Like I said, the riff-raff played first.  Liz Taylor made the mistake of
trying to talk part way through and was booed--I suspect she was supposed to
give the opening speech and turned up late.  So the crowd was all crazy from
listening to the metal bands, and how are they going to get that under
control for the soft rockers.  Answer:  Roger Daltrey.  I'll bet he deafened
a whole stadium full of people.

;)
keets