Re: NYC benefit

>Not really on these occasions - too many artists.  Sure, some of the lesser
>acts will be put on first & something BIG will be planned for the end but
>whoever plays *after* The Who won't be thought of as having been
>*supported* by The Who.  Did that make sense?

Okay, sure.  I'll take your word for it that everybody shelves their ego.
;)

Actually, it's just a topic for discussion, like the lists of songs
everybody thinks they should play.  TJ already came up with an interesting
comment, that playing earlier might catch a younger crowd that will lose
intrest as older acts come on.

Also, if this event is arranged like some others, then riff-raff like The
Who might play earlier with the other riff-raff and the uh-hum, more serious
and mature artists will play toward the end.

Did I mention a Pete solo performance might be in order?  Pete would fit in
well with the more serious crowd.  It would be great to see some of the
artists match up for duets or whatever, too.  Wonder if they'd have any
rehearsal time for that before the show?  Otherwise, there are likely to be
impromptu match-ups like at the Bridge School benefit where everybody
sneaked out on stage to sing backup.

 > >and hey listen, if they do a good performance and go on before the
"younger" acts, they may bring a boost in their record sales.

> > So everybody thinks they're a younger band?
>
>Er....I don't think that's possible anymore.

Oh.  You don't think they could lie about their age?  Well, shoot.  I'm
disappointed.  You know, I saw them on VH1 and I thought they were a New
Wave group.  Didn't they start around 1980?

;)
keets