Pure and Easy

Two or three people have suggested that The Who play
"Pure and Easy," which is certainly worth considering,
though I'm afraid that its lyrics could easily be
interpreted as inappropriate for the occasion, with
references to death and destruction:

The note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me
Forever we blend and forever we die

As people assemble, civilization
Is trying to find a new way to die
But killing is really merely scene changer
 All men are bored with other men's lives

Gas on the hillside, oil in the teacup
Watch all the chords of life lose their joy
Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness
The note that began all can also destroy

[final verse from demo]Today is the day when sound
curdles mountains
Flowing and blowing each man it its wake
Destroying itself in the end with vibration
There's nothing on earth its challenge can take
Excepting one note...

Rich B.
http://phone.yahoo.com