Re: Those were the days, my friend...

> Foghat - American or British?

Jeff:

British. Met them at the August Jam, Charlotte NC, 1975.

> How about CSN&Y - American, Canadian or English?

International.

> Is The Who more American now because Roger has family here and spends so
> much time in Hollywood?

No.

> Pete has said that he feels at home in New York.

So do I but I still live in SC.

> Doesn't Rabbit make them more American?  What about the JEB?

Naw, nope, nah, huh-uh, ehn-enh, negatory...

> class.  Girls hated me.

Jeff:

Dude. That's gotta suck. Group hug.
So how did you end up with Ms. Wonderful? Recite the lyrics to Cadillac
Ranch to her or what? Johnny 99? Candy's Room?

> Digging The Who suited this persona because I didn't know anyone else who
> liked them or were even very familiar with the material.

Really? I was very highly regarded, respected, nay IDOLIZED for
understanding (and making public at every possible opportunity) the
superiority of THE WHO. Yes, scores of regular folk and Led Zeppelin fans
used to follow me around and shower me with praise and drink to my health
and give me their money and drugs and first born and indicate how much they
wish THEY might understand the genius of Pete Townshend's words (they would
even pronounce his name wrong, just to be cute). Oh, yes, I know they masked
this adoration (blush) by PRETENDING to put me down, but I could read
between the lines...Ah...those were the days...

> The "good girls" (those that liked Bruce) put up with me.

Kevin:

Of what POSSIBLE use are "good girls?" Sheesh. Waste of good material if you
ask me...

  "Slightly more voters--in Florida as
      nationwide--preferred Gore to Bush."
     Chicago Tribune on the definitive recount

               Cheers                 ML