Re: zak vs ringo

> The thing is, I just have never heard anyone claim that Ringo was
> innovative.

Well, he was the first drummer in a Rock & Roll band to really get noticed.
He wasn't just "the drummer."  He was Ringo.  Part of that can be credited
to management but you gotta give Ringo some of the credit, too.  It might
look tame by today's standards but he played with a kind of wildness &
originality.  He worked up a sweat.

Besides, Moon always said Ringo was one of his favorite drummers.  I
remember a remark Moon once made about the high quality of Ringo's
bass drum, foot pedal work.

- SCHRADE in Akron