Re: Quadrophenia in New Jersey

Usually including all those dancers and costumes and gimmicks means
they're an amateur group short on dramatic talent, and they're trying
to get as many family members in as possible to see Johnny perform.

I didn't see TOMMY on Broadway, but I gather from the descriptions that
it was very elaborately staged--lots of expensive costume changes and
so on.  It seems this would be an expensive way to go, and it makes
staging the musical difficult for not only Broadway, but also small
theaters and high school or college drama groups that would be
interested in following up.

Disney musicals have really deep pockets behind them, so they can
handle this kind of cost, but it seems that most shows would do better
to keep down the expense of elaborate casts, sets, staging and
costumes.  The contrasting view is certainly that a grand, entertaining
spectacle with a cast of thousands is likely to draw in a bigger
audience.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

LB

--- Daffodil19@aol.com wrote:
> Michael Fitzgerald wrote:
>
> >>Like seeing a car crash on the highway, I stayed and watched the
> carnage.
>
> Yea, I had to see the end too ...

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
http://personals.yahoo.com