Re: pete, roger and cynicism

>So why did Pete get the lead vocal on this one?  I don't think subject
>matter has anything to do with it.  Almost all Who albums have one or two
>tracks where Pete gets the lead vocal.  It's expected.

The style, maybe?  As we were saying, Pete expresses his own cynicism very
well, where Roger is better at strength and urgency.

>But I wonder what the decision-making process within The Who is like when
>it comes to deciding if Pete is gonna get the lead vocal.  I'd buy a
>bootleg of The Who just sitting around talking about shit like that.  In a
>second.

Record it and see how it sounds?  I recall a John interview where he talked
about one song (WGFA?) where he did numerous attempts at bass and they ended
up using the one where he was sitting on a speaker screwing around and
didn't even know they were recording.  Glyn Johns also talks about putting
together WHO'S NEXT on the video.  He plays the individual tracks, and
mentions where they could have done it differently.  I guess that's what
Remix is all about, right?

keets