Re: Son Of Harry; Son of a McCartney

> george's songs on beatles albums.  when george goes it will be a
tremendous
> loss to the music world.

Kevin Mc:

20 years ago I would have agreed with you, but with the exception of Cloud
Nine George really hasn't done any solo work (work at all except on the two
"new" Beatles songs) since. I don't count the live album, because I don't
count them.
You can't lose what you don't have, and that would be any Harrison material
since Cloud Nine until this new song.

> Most of of Paul's work after the "Beatles" was very, VERY great
material!!!

Joseph:

Hey, got any more of that acid, man?

> I won't insult the inteligence of this mailing list by listing off the
> numorus and numorus of TOP quality rockers and love songs from Paul
> McCartney (POST Beatles)!!

Allow me: Silly Love Songs (dreck), Listen What The Man Said (garbage),
Knocking At The Door (shite), Ebony And Ivory (annoying), Say Say Say
(really, really annoying), Coming Up (like my lunch when I hear it), Girls
School (just boring), Jet (suffering succotash!), Helen Wheels (must have
been written for the Monkees), Bip Bop (shanga langa ding dong), Mary Had A
Little Lamb (and Paul married a cow).

Notice that Wingspan relies HEAVILY on his pre-Venus And Mars material? And
even at that they left off some of his best work, including the completely
unavailable (but incredible) Give Ireland Back To The Irish.

> Maybe in your universe.  In mine, Paul has exactly one worthwhile solo
> album--Band on the Run--and the rest is utter drivel.

Jon:

I will differ with you there; I think Ram was his best (OK, except for
Monkberry Moon Delight) and BOTR is just the best thing that came
after...not great but better than anything after it. Still, I can't sit
through Jet.

> Yet another thing to thank Jon Asstley for.  There is a version of
Eminence
> Front with Roger singing--I understand that his vocal appears on the same
> master tape as the Pete lead vocal version, on another track....

Are you sure that was Astley's decision? It might have been Pete's. And
there is still a fair amount of unreleased material, which can't ALL be
Astley's fault. Some blame surely must rest with MCA for not doing what they
promised (releasing all the unreleased material) and some with Trinifold for
choices made (not going to bring up LALD again).

> Why fuck up a *perfect* song and performance ( I am very affectionate
> toward the live video version) by incorporating lead vox by Roger??

AEB:

So do you think it's perfect before or after they fixed the chorus where the
voices were out of synch?

> TheWho-> have become a necessary evil in the life and mind
> of Pete.

Then he could use a Hell of a lot more evil!

> heard any reviews or comments about the DVD version, i.e. is it still
> sped up, is it still edited compared to the original release, etc.

Rich:

It was so reviewed here when released: same as the video version. They
didn't even upgrade the picture.

> still available) probably look better than the DVD.

No doubt. Or look as good and sound better.

> That's interesting.  IRON MAN isn't generally considered to be Pete's best
> solo work

Keets:

You ought to consider becoming a diplomat. No, it's considered his worst.
Not because of his lack of performance, but because of the mismatch of JL
Hooker and crap songs like Fast Food. The Who are the best part, and I do
like the full version (only available on the single of Friend Is A Friend)
of Man Machines, AFIAF, and especially I'm Not Gonna Run Anymore...but aside
from that, it's just too McCartney-like. Uh, I mean bad.

"God may have mercy on you, but we won't."
        Senator John McCain

               Cheers                 ML