re-Keith & John/ Zeppelin / Roger

No doubt Page and Plant would say anything to make themselselves look
good. In ShelTalmy's notes on his website, Talmy the Producer of 'ICE'
says officially that Page did notplay on the record. (he may have been at
the sessions). However,Page has taken creditfor such. Is it any wonder
(sorry!) that The Who and and The Black Crowes thing neverquite really
worked out ? I think they were actually supposed to play on the same bill
on a couple occasions . Also people don't realise this but it was Roger
from around 1968/69 thatdid innovate the 'blonde rock god adonis type
image'. This can clearly be seen on picturestaken at the Fillmore east.
On a lesser note, I also credit Roger with making 'Irish dancing'popular
in the USA by including two of them in his 'Daltrey sings Townshend'
shows duringBOR with the Cheiftains, the audience loved it! And this was
long before 'Riverdance'.Yet some people would have you beleive that
Roger lacks any kind of skills ! Granted thisform of dancing has always
been around but how often did you see this on television beforeDaltrey
sings Townshend ? To the best of my knowledge Roger has been the person
thathas over the years planned what The Who's stage act should look like
though the competitionfor attention between him,Keith and Pete is what
helped create the magic!Regards,Derick.