Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #303

In a message dated 11/6/01 11:53:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, FELDMT@aol.com
writes:

> After Guitar and Pen on disc four the box set goes
> downhill. The 1989 tour had no balls. Pete on acoustic guitar 80% of the
> time
> and horns in the background - no, the Who would have been better of if the
> had packed it all up in 1978. Probably would be richer now as a result, too.

OK First off to blame all of the who's problems after moon's death between
79-82 on their drumming is moronic.

The 89 tour wasnt meant to have balls//it was meant to be a greatest hits
tour for the money///I applaud the who for slodering on and not giving into
the zepp bullshit of not replacing their drummer//Yes, moonie is
irreplaceable but the who went on and kenney did the best he could under the
circumstances

 it may have taken more than 20 yrs to come full circle but I think
Rolllingstone summed it up best when they sed about the who 200 tour and said
"the who fucking rock"

The who fucking rock now and i am for one glad they havent given up and have
continued to say fuck it
At the west palm show at mars music amphitheatre on september 24,2000 b4
relay pete said it best when he said "you can call it a greatest hits show
but we don't give a fucking toss on how you describe it"

-scott