Re: Zeppelin and the Song Remains the Same

Lela, re

> > leavening the mix with an oddball singer with astounding stage
> > presence, Plant, who may well have copied the look of Daltrey but
> > who invented the concept of the cock rock singer
>
>   The Daltrey-Plant resemblence is the connection here. Their Behind
>   The Music episode on VH1 says they actually went in search of a
>   Daltrey look-alike, and that the similar curly blond hair and
>   open-chested costumes were no accident. If it's stated publicly,
>   you'd figure there's truth in it, or else they'd complain.

Before I refute your argument, can I ask did you believe Nixon, or
Clinton?

Just because they said they didn't do it, didn't mean they were being
truthful, did it?

Page, or Peter Grant did NOT look for a Daltrey lookalike to front his
Page's nascent band. Stevie Marriott at the time looked like a drug
wasted midget compared to Daltrey, and I suggest again you to check out
the cover of "Bang bang you're Terry Reid" to see what he looked like; a
spotty, scrawny, little boy.

The facts are quite simple. Led Zeppelin did not at any time look for a
Daltrey look alike.

VH1 got it wrong; live with it, they're not infallible.

John