RE: Come in here dear boy, have a cigar.........

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>Subject: Close but no cigar
>
>Kevin:
>Got to disagree with you there,my friend.

No you don't.

> He's <Bob Lefsetz> just a Rock fan,

Well, I guess I could have been *more* accurate to describe him as a critic
with a past deep liking for The Who.

>like many others,

We could use a bunch more like him doing reviews of show's including The
Who.

>and here's where he gave himself away:
>
>> They put out what many consider to be the best rock album EVER, "Who's
>> Next", and then they didn't know what to do.
>
>Oh, no, they didn't know what to do...except to make was IS the greatest
>Rock album of all time, and also the band's best album, Quadrophenia.

Yep, got to admit you've got a point there.  I had the same thought.
What a schmuck!

>Senator, he's no Who fan.

He *did* listen to Tommy until the "needle wore the grooves grey" though.
Sounds like one of the sheep lost it's way, and just made it back home.

>He's just one of the masses who don't QUITE get
>it. Close but no cigar.

But *that's* the point!
The "masses" were moved, my man!
The *masses* were moved.