Re: re - Englishboy

In a message dated 11/3/01 2:19:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, campbell@fix.net
writes:

> Listen, don't get me wrong, I don't _want_ TheWho-> without
> Daltrey, I am just not nearly as mesmerized by his talents as most
> of you are, and VERY vocal about it, and that's OK by me.

I see your point, EB., but The Who are a Super group. No one in rock is as
important as Pete Townshend in MY humble opinion. This is hard for Roger,
because he is in the same band as Pete and has to sing his songs, thus be
compared to him.But he is much more than just some shop rat. He has had to be
the one to handle this temperamental genius for 38 years and does so with
grace today. He affects Pete in ways that are not obvious on stage. Roger is
very practical.

As far as not enterpreting Pete's music since WB#'s, I don't feel that it is
fair to say that given the circumstances. I love Who are you. In FD and IH I
just miss Keith. They should not still be here as we heard them on 10-20-01.
It is mainly because of one man that they have made it back to us, and that
man is Roger Daltrey. I am not mesmerized by him, I just know how fundamental
he is to the band.

Jon in Mi.