RE: Roger's voice

> > Again I see Roger's physical appearance affecting his present
> > impotence and prior importance within the whole of TheWho->.

What's that?  You think Roger has lost his attraction because he's older?
Roger is physically right on the verge of ugly, and always has been.  It's
personality that makes him attractive, and that's still holding.  It's also
his personality that makes him so important to The Who.  It's Roger that
takes Pete's music and lyrics and adds the message that fans heard on TV
Oct. 20.  Several reviews correctly identified it.

> > He has become a poor interpreter of Townshend's
> > music since the death of Keith Moon.

The music has changed.  Pete said it had to on WAY, and it did.

> > As much as Daltrey disliked Moon,

And about the relationship between Daltrey and Moon, it's hard to say how
they really got along, but Roger was the one who went to LA to try to rescue
Moon from himself.

> > it seems he needed Moon's
> > lunatic, maniacal percussive personality and percussion to
> > feed off of, because in my opionion, that is the only major change
> > within TheWho->'s core.

No, there is something else.  Pete developed tinnitus, and wanted to quit
playing electric guitar.  The Who had already hired a keyboard player before
Moon died, to take some of the pressure off Pete.

> > Maybe Daltrey just lapsed into mediocrity after getting phat
> > in the head playing Thomas Walker for too many years.
> >
> > A one trick pony is Daltrey.

What makes you think this?  The man is versatile and multi-talented.

> > Impotent in that we expect what we were gifted to receive
> > from Roger when he was strong and confident, and no longer get it.

I think the fans at Concert for NYC would differ with you.  ;)

> > he, like Robert Plant, was a smooth, bare chested, Golden God
> > (as was I in the 1970's, if I do say so myself) of Rock 'n' Roll,
> > and in that time, they were strong interpreters of their bandmates
> > genuis songwritng and vision (Townshend and Page).
> >
> > Daltrey lost *it*, and made videos with Barbara Striesand for
fuck's sake.

Oh.  Are you talking about image here?  What about the trout farm?  Aren't
you going to start on that, too?

keets