JEB in Toledo review

Posted from another message board without permission...

Author  DogsPart2

05/28/01 6:22 AM

The John Entwistle Band - Second show - Toledo, Ohio

Another FANTASTIC show from the JEB. It's only their second show they have
their act together and it shows. They play their songs great and it seems
they end up finishing their songs with some great extended jams. They are
all in-sync with each other and they look like they are throughly enjoying
it.

Here's the setlist. They changed some things around...

Heaven & Hell, Summertime Blues, Sparks, Instrumental from LAL, Young Man
Blues (with a GREAT extended jam), Boris the Spider, Had Enough, The Real
Me, Under A Raging Moon, Success Story, Trick of the Light, You (I
accidently listed this as Take Me on my setlist for the first show), Guitar
Solo/Smoke Break, Shakin' All Over - with another INCREDIBLE bass solo.

Encore: Horror Rock, My Wife (Again - a FANTASTIC jamming version)

What amazes me is that there are no low points to John's shows. They are all
out rockers from beginning to end. This was a free show at Toledo's
riverfest. It wa raining on the crowd before the show and I'm told the wind
chill was 34 degrees F during the show. There was a great crowd there and
the band appriciated that.

I agree with the comment posted earlier about the upcoming Abbey Road shows.
The musicians John will be playing with are all excellent but I don't think
given the Beatles material that they will not sound as great as the JE
songs. The interplay between the JEB is great and should The Who not decide
to tour (lets hope not) then I think John will be quite happy performing
with his band. They are that good.

LONG LIVE ROCK!!!

Chuck