Re: High notes

>Scott Schrade  "Daltrey sounded alright at the four shows I saw.  Some
>trouble with the high notes but he had the some trouble in '82!  Let's give
>him credit."
>
>He sounded great in Boston - all night.  Awful @ MSG night 2 - all night.
>I've been wondering if perhaps he might want to alter his style a bit to
>compensate for his aging chords.

Seems like at MSG he sang two nights in a row, which might have something to
do with it.  But then, who knows?  Maybe it was the weather, instead.

Roger could already alter the melodies to avoid the high notes, and for a
while both he and Pete did that, but lately they seem to have decided what
the hell, it's close enough.  They do shift into falsetto a little more than
they used to, but all in all, they're both doing great.

>I understand that Bono has been changing the melodies slightly on some
>songs to compensate for a tired and aging voice.  Maybe Roger could talk
>through some of the tough stuff ala Lou Reed, Mark Knopfler, Dylan.

Nah.  Not unless he adopts JAE's Boris voice.  ;)

>There are ways to get around having to reach those high notes all night
>long.

I suspect the Kid Rock duet Steven Tyler engaged in at the Hall of Fame
ceremonies could mean he's having trouble with "Sweet Emotion" these days.
Kid Rock took the high notes.

keets