Re: Pete & John in San Diego

>Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:27:32 -0500
>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>
>For those who misunderstood this (I am one), John is scheduled to play in
>a Beatles tribute show on June 22 with Todd Rundgren in San Diego.  Very
>interesting indeed.
>
>Any comment Alan?

Yeah...it's true.  More dates/venues will be announced soon. Here's
the stuff from humphreysconcerts.com for those who've not looked it
up:

***
A Walk Down Abbey Road: A Tribute To The Beatles
$56
   Four classic rock legends (Ann Wilson, Alan Parsons, John Entwistle
and Todd Rundgren) get together in a supergroup to pay homage to
their musical mentors, The Beatles. This show will not only feature
the band's interpretations of Beatles' classics but will also dip
into the hit filled repetoire [sic] of each of the artists involved,
including songs from Heart, The Who, The Alan Parsons Project and
Todd Rundgren's solo career. A milestone collaboration.
***

Let's see, what else...<shuffles papers>...organized by Alan
Parsons...Steve Luongo will be on drums.  The first half of the show
is currently set to be 3 Heart songs, 3 Todd songs, 3 Alan songs, and
3 Who/John songs.  Second half, all Beatles, 2-2.5 hours total.  This
show is set to play for 3 weeks or so around the US -- at least.
(This is why the JEB 2001 tour first leg is so short.)  And AFAIK
Roger is NOT due to play the San Diego area the 22nd :-).

Cheers,
--
Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true."